.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Sunday, June 06, 2010

Nostalgia, Beach Encounter

              I dreamed that my brother and I were at Mom and Dad's sorting through stuff in our old room. There were two poly filled winter sleeping bags, one red and one blue. My memory is that we both had red bags, so in the dream I assumed that the blue bag was my brother's.
              We opened them up and the red bag was just a sleeping bag. The poly fill, from having been crushed all these years, had completely lost its "fluff." The blue bag was in similar shape, but inside the bag was a small collection of game cards and parts from a magnetic fox and hounds travel game. My brother didn't seem to recognize them, nor did I. I looked at the game cards, they were the sort of cards one would see in a trading card game from more modern times. Neither of us could come up with an explanation so gave the games to his kids.
             
              In a later dream I was walking with my brother and sister and their youngest kids on a beach. We passed under the pier so we could use the ramp rather than climb the stairs. As we stepped out into the sun my eyes locked with a dark-haired woman with deep brown eyes and pale skin. She was in a black bikini that showed off her pleasant curves. We both started, as though we knew one another. In the dream I had just turned 50 and she looked like she was in her early twenties, certainly under 30. I asked if she'd been one of my drama students, but the answer was no. We couldn't figure out how we knew one another.
              I followed my siblings up the ramp after a moment and heard the woman telling her friends that they had to have something to write with, she wasn't letting me get away this time. I stopped and leaned over the rail of the ramp. I had an old expired Zoological society card in my wallet. I dropped it to her, saying she could contact me through Facebook.
              Even as she was tucking it into her bathing suit top, I realized that probably wouldn't work, as people can rarely read properly in a dream.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home