.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Wanderings

        I started my dreaming this morning by helping my dad usher at the old church (the one that burned down the year after N and my wedding.) He gave me some small golf pencils and a few pads of paper. As I walked back through the hallway I moved to be in the sun as it came through the windows.  I noticed that one of the pads had writing on it, so as I walked I pulled off the sheets that were all ready written on. I couldnt make out what they said, as it seemed to be in Greek or Russian. I went around to the other side of the church, but found my way blocked by a load of office furniture. I had to make my way through it, and over some of it to get to the hallway that lead around the back. I left the written sheets on one of the desks, figuring I could come back later to pick them up and put them in the trashcan, if I could find one.

When I arrived at the choir side of the church I handed the usher there the pads and pencils. He said they didnt need help as theyd double booked this mass and forgot to get anyone for the earlier mass. I smiled and, remembering the office furniture I would have to climb through, slipped out the side door to walk around to the front entrance.

There was one slight problem with that. I found myself in the middle of a shopping mall walkway. I turned back, and the church was gone, replaced by a row of white painted cement bollards and a huge partly full parking lot. I walked towards the parking lot, scanning it for my car. It was not in sight. I decided to get out of the heat and headed for a nearby café.

Something struck my back and I stumbled forward catching my wet still beating heart as it burst from my chest. I wondered why I was still standing. N walked up and offered to rip her own out and put it in my chest. But then you wouldnt have one, I looked at mine and it wasnt bleeding or anything, I carefully placed it back into my ruined chest. I think mine is going to be good to go, bruised it a bit but its okay.

Before I got my ribcage closed up around my heart, it stopped beating, but I didnt tell N because I didnt want her to worry about it. But then again, I guess I didnt need to worry, she was busy severing her spine by swallowing a broadsword. So we can both be undead, she explained.

I had to turn away, I could deal with my own blood, but not hers. Why would you do that? I asked, shocked. N would never do that, shes a complete pain wimp. That was when I realized that this person wasnt really N.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home