.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Calico Afro-Cat

        Last night N and I adopted a momma cat and her three kittens. The kittens were all marked like bobcats, but each was a different color, red and white, black and grey and black and white. The mom-cat had a 14 inch leopard spotted halo of hair around her head. The hair was thick and soft, and you could just barely find her little face and ears tucked away behind the hair. The cat also had the unusual ability to grow huge mushroom like clumps of fluorescent hair off of her tail. She would grow one every couple of weeks, they would separate from her and we could plant them and they would continue to grow, up to about five foot tall and three foot around. After a time they would begin to give off a mild prismatic light.

        N would unweave a short bit of the growth and put it in a glass of water. It would glow brighter for a week or so at a time. The growths didnt seem to bother the momma cat, so we just let them grow, potting them when they shed and giving them to friends.

        The kittens fixated on Little John, and he soaked up the attention. They were larger footed and headed than him, so I was glad they were all getting along because I knew they were going to be the three largest cats we ever had. The momma cat indicated to us, not exactly sure how, that she didnt want her family broken up.

        I began to suspect she was an alien.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home