.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

N Missing

        I dreamed N was missing, but somehow I knew to go to a large mansion in the mountains to the North to find her. N was chained to a desk in a study. She was only wearing her lace tights and a cut off t-shirt. N was very unhappy that I had to leave her there until I could find a way to get the car around, and to either unlock or cut off her chain. After sneaking around a bit and not finding either a saw nor a key I just decided to lift the desk and unscrew the leg where the leveling pad went through the chain. We escaped, but N was upset that I hadnt brought her any decent clothing.

        I stopped at a store and bought her a blue denim jumper with Woodstock on the front. After she was dressed, she insisted that we go back and rescue the others who were trapped there. Somehow she had keys. It was late, so we slept curled up in the car. Somehow during the night, N vanished again. I still had the keys so let myself into the mansion in the early dawn hours, before the sun was even thinking of getting up. The women who wanted to be rescued also wanted clothing, but I didnt have any for them. Fortunately one of them knew where the costume room was, and soon I had a car full of maids and nurses, as well as a couple of women who wouldnt wear those outfits so just wrapped themselves in large fluffy towels.

        I still couldnt find N, though. I raced back to the office where I had found her the first time. She was tied up on the love seat, so I grabbed her and carried her down the stairs to the car, only the car was gone. The women had decided not to wait for us and had taken the car. I didnt really want to steal a car, but it didnt seem like I had much of a choice. There was someone in the garage, though, and so we had to head back down to town through the groves, trying to hurry so we could beat the daylight.

        We came across the other women who were arguing about going back for us. They helped untie N while I drove us out of town. Some of them wanted to stop for a shower and a nap at a cheap hotel, but I told them that the mansion owner would know where they were if we did that. When we got to the intersection of two freeways, I had N toss a couple of coins and headed in that random direction. Though the car was big, having eight people stuffed into it was making it very small. None of the women knew how they had been kidnapped, so I really didnt want to take any of them right back to their homes, as we had seen with N, they would just end up right back where Id found them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home