.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Shark Attack.

        I was wrapped in a chainmail suit and tossed off the edge of the ice shelf into freezing water. Even though I had a neoprene suit on underneath I was still freezing. Water was leaking in around the edge of my face mask.

        As I sank deeper the colors all faded to a grey blue and the sun turned into just a set of random sparkles and rays above me. Suddenly a large shark blotted out the sun and dove down on me, catching me by both legs.

        The chain held, but it felt like both my ankles were broken. The chain was too heavy for me to swing around and hit the shark in the nose. It dragged me deeper under. Well, this isnt going as well as wed hoped, I thought as the ice ledge faded into the gray water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home