.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Superhero Show

        I dreamed that I was taking part in a sort of reality show that involved selecting the best superhero. The show had progressed to the point where there were four of us, two men and two women. Both of us men were strongman types, with my competitor being the much more macho looking one. (I looked pretty much like myself, the chubby white bearded grandfather sort.) The women, however, were as different as could be. One was a slender brunette Goth looking teen whose power was to be blindingly fast, the other was a buxom blonde with a true hourglass shape who had some as yet to be explored water based powers.

        Because of the standings in the last contest, the other man got to chose his partner for the Mixed Doubles event. Only one person would be eliminated in this round, and I wondered how that would be possible if the teams actually stuck together and voted for one of the opposing teams.

        He picked the Goth girl, saying Im not working with a cow.

        An argument ensued and I ended up assuring my partner that I was happy with the choice and we would make a great team.

        The contest involved saving a group of people on a collapsing pair of bridges. We began, speedy girl racing out onto her span to get people off of the bridge, her partner struggling to hold the bridge together.

        I looked at my partner and realized that we could do the same thing, but a couple of their victims had all ready been knocked into the water, speedy girl wasnt being careful enough.

        I think I can hold it up from underneath long enough to get people off the bridge. I dove into the water. I grabbed a beam and lifted the bridge back out of the water while holding my breath.

        The other man saw what I was doing and jumped into the water to follow suit.

        Thats when the complication occurred. A villain appeared on the bridge and began throwing people into the water. GG grabbed two kids from her bridge and ran, never to return. My partner started kissing everyone and tossing them into the water.

        She dove in after and changed into a large seal, racing to the others that had been thrown in the water. She even stopped to give me a kiss, and then I knew why. I could suddenly breath under the water.

        Now, I knew the villains were just actors, so didnt want to hurt them, so I got the attention of the other man and tossed him up onto his bridge, then jumped up on mine. That was the point at which the contest was called.

        The other man actually apologized for calling my partner a cow.

        The voting was pretty clear. Three to kick GG. Even her own partner voted against her.

        Then the earthquake came and shook the whole studio down into the water. This was where I discovered that not only could I perform large feats of strength, but I could grow to enormous heights. I was a veritable Titan, at least thirty feet tall, holding back the building from sliding into the water. The other strong man and the Selkie started rescuing people so I could let the building go. Somehow I ended up carrying the Selkie up onto the shore, where she gave me a whiskery kiss. I asked for some towels and perhaps some spare clothing, as I wasnt too sure that when she changed back she would have any.

        The host and the studio audience said that they should just call me the winner, but I argued that it should be a tie, because there were lots of heroes, including the people who didnt have any powers who helped pull their fellows out of the water, or administered first aid even though they themselves might still be in harms way. The other man was in shock, he really thought he was the strongest man in the world. Since Im not sure Im really a man, as such, you probably still are.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home