.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Fishy

        Next to flying dreams, my favorite are swimming dreams. In this case I was sitting in the hot tub at the end of a long pool. There was a large screen TV at one end and I had flipped through the channels until I had found something with attractive women in it. Three couples were sitting around sipping wine after some sort of dinner party.  I couldnt hear any dialog as I was mostly submerged, letting the jets play across the back of my neck.

        A tall brunette woman in a one-piece swimsuit appeared at the end of the tub next to the TV. I sat up to hear her.

        She asked what I was watching. I explained that I didnt know, I had just zipped through the channels until I found someone pretty to look at. That made her laugh. The guys are pretty hot, too.

        The action on the TV got hot, the couples had started to talk about pubic hair and suddenly the blonde was showing hers, and everything else.

        I didnt know you got this sort of channel.

        Oh, yeah. The woman blushed and reached for the remote, but not before the scene shifted to a bed full of naked preppies spraying precious bodily fluids around. Oops, she said.

        I laughed and dove out of the tub into the pool, swimming out across the length of it, shedding the red corduroy cape-like item that was around my shoulders. I swam up the stair on the other side and out into my parents flooded back yard.

        Thats a good trick, I thought. I swam all the way up to the window of my old room, where brightly colored fish swam. The water was only a couple of feet deep, so I stood up to watch the red-tailed sharks, snakeskin gourami, Jeweled cichlids and angelfish of several different varieties swim in the light through the window.

        I thought for a moment that these were fish swimming in the air (a common enough theme for my dreams) when I saw a small fish tank full of frolicking guppies on a dresser across the room. I looked up and could see the water line in the doorway, though, the room was full of water up to about six inches from the ceiling. I stepped through the wall into the room, swimming with the fish, some of which were nipping at me and some just circling around my hands, playing.

        I swam over to the door and stepped out into the hallway of my parents house, trying not to drip too much on their carpet I leaped over to the bathroom to borrow a towel.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home