.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Pool?

           I dreamed I was in the countryside, headed for a resort area. I was talking about the great pool that had been there the last time I'd dreamed about it. (Yes, I knew I was dreaming, but that didn't seem to make any difference to the people who were with me.) I showed them the really pretty goldfish I'd won in the "Swimming under water like a fish" contest.
           The goldfish was really a lovely mix of orange and yellow with golden fins, each fin extra long and double. She had great billowy clouds of fins all around her whenever she stopped and turned in place. Quite mesmerizing to watch. She said she was happy to be visiting again, and hoped that some of the other people had thought to bring her brothers and sisters with them so they could all visit.
           The group of us parked and immediatly got out of the car and made our way up past the row of cabins to see the pool.
           The pool had been filled in. We could see the outline of the pool, and the turf had been laid so that the edges of the sod were eerily reminicient of lane lines. Only the half Olympic sized pool on the top of the hill remained. I asked a passing groundsman "Why?"
           "Hardly anyone swam in it, because it was haunted."
           "But that was the reason to go swimming in it."
           "Well, it's still haunted. And sometimes, I l swear I hear people swimming out here in the middle of the night. Look at the sod, the grass keeps dying right over the lane lines, no matter how I water, or how I fertilize. It just ain't natural, I tell you."
           The goldfish and I exchanged glances, thinking the same thing. "Come on guys, lets get checked in. We'll come back tonight after everyone is asleep."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home