.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Animal Train

I dreamed that I was stopped at a railroad crossing, but instead of a normal train, what went through the intersection was a number of giant animals with railroad wheels between their front and back paws. They rolled through the intersection, each animal about 12 to 15 feet tall and brightly colored even though it was night and there was not much light. Each seemed to have a light of their own. Someone in the car suggested "The circus must be in town."
       "That's no circus," I said with certainty. Although the display was amazing, I could also feel a certain wrongness about it, and wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible.

Sad life note: Princess Tiger Lily (of the house Kittenish) also known as the Black Elephant Weasel, singer of the "mighty hunter song" and owner on one of the loudest purrs I have ever heard, had to be put down yesterday. If there is an afterlife I hope her spirit is where nose-biting is understood to be affection and belly bounces always result in breakfast. Reading the weekend paper will not be quite the same without her.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home