.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Disneyland Closes

       I dreamed that N and I and several of our friends were at the final night of Disneyland. We were up by the castle, where there was a cute dark skinned girl rigged up for Tinkerbelle. As she whooshed by I could hear her shout, "Get me down from here!"
       We were in one of the closing out shops when a young woman came up and requested a chest scratching. "I don't mind, scratch everywhere," she told N. When the girl started to take her fluffy sweater off N stopped her by distracting her with a couple of pigeons that had been hiding on one of the shelves of stuffed toys. I managed to talk the store clerk out of a couple of empty bags so we could catch the pigeons, one was a squab, and take them outside.
       I let the crazy girl take the bag with the full grown bird in it and she followed me outside, where it had started to rain. It took a few minutes of looking around, but I finally found where the pigeons were roosting, and managed to climb up and put the squab back on the ledge where the nests were. It toddle over to a nest and sat right down. I had lost the crazy girl and climbed down to find her.
       The crazy girl had been distracted by a street vender and the bag with the pigeon in it was tucked under her arm. "Let me hold that for you."
       "Oh, thank you, you're so nice."
       I took the bag, afraid to open it and see what had become of momma pigeon. I opened it, she was ruffled, but ok. I released her, she flew around in a circle for a couple of loops and took off towards the roosting ledge.
       "I was buying popcorn for her and her baby, once the park closes, how will they get food?"
       "They can fly, they'll manage. We can leave the popcorn up by the roost, that way they can all share."
       "That's a great idea! When we're done can you rub my chest again, that felt nice."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home