.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Reassigned to the High School

        I dreamed I went back to work at my old High School (Where I did work for 11 years.) I returned in much the same fashion as I left, no notice, just report here, your jobsite has been changed, call if you need help moving your office. I was not prepared for the mess I found my former office in (given that the former office doesnt exist, thats not a surprise.) I was fortunate that I happened to be wearing the schools colors for it was also the first day of registration and the place was crawling with students. I went to the staff meeting; there were a large number of folks who were quite happy to see me, as I was to see them. I suddenly felt like I was not quite home again, and things would never feel quite the same way as before.

        I think knowing that I could be reassigned on a whim was going to always be part of my experience here. While I was glad to be back, I told the drama teacher that I would not be working 16 hour days like I had in the past. I would be glad to help out, but I wasnt that young any more, and had gotten used to getting a full 8 hours of sleep each night.

        The dream was non-surreal, normal seeming, I almost couldnt tell I was dreaming dream. If the layout of the site had actually matched the layout after the recent renovations, I might have never figured out I was dreaming. The fact that the old office existed, full of junked computers and old monitors, was enough to flag the experience as a dream early on. Still, I let the dream play out, anxiety and joy mixed, reality and desire warped into a pleasant alternate reality for a few minutes.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home