.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Random Encounters

        I had a dream that went all over Southern California, from Mission Bay in San Diego all the way up to Chapman College near Las Angeles. I was boating in SD, and fell into the bay. A boat full of water skiers stopped to pick me up. I got talking to one of the women on the boat; she had a thick English accent and a polka dot bikini. Hard to resist that combination. We ended up back at my car, and I agreed to drive her home. She changed in the front seat outside of a Cask and Cleaver where we had dinner. She managed to not flash too much flesh, but certainly enough to be interesting.

        Dinner was entertaining, she went on and on about how spicy American food is, especially in California, all the while eating pretty much plain steak and mashed potatoes. She managed to slip off to the restroom and when she came back she had put her hair up in a sort of bun, very elegant looking.

        We took a stroll out onto a pier and watched the sun set, then back on the road.

        She lived in an apartment with two couples. We sat on opposite sides of her futon visiting with the other couples, I heard a squeak behind me and looked over the back of the futon to find a red and brown long haired tortie cat. She looked up at me with bright green eyes. I blinked a kitty kiss and chirruped at her. She sat up surprised. I scooped her up and brought her out on the couch, setting her down next to me and scratching her head and shoulders.

        Everyone looked stunned.

        She never lets anyone touch her!

        Unless theyre asleep.

        Shes a big sweetie, I said, and let her go. She stood up, stretched, looked around, gave me a kitty kiss and sat right back down huddled up against my thigh.

        The cat approves, you have to keep him.

        Or he has to keep the cat, the English girl said. We talked for a bit more, then the TV came on, attracting everyones attention but mine and the cats.

        I stepped outside and walked out onto a balcony that overlooked a narrow bay. There were small boats in slips all along the line of condos or apartments. I walked back through the apartment, saying my goodbyes, left my number with the girl, then got in Little Red and drove home to my empty house.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home