.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Holiday Dream, WoW Inspired and Support Your Troops Inspired as well.

       I dreamed I was sitting in the back yard, looking at our tree, (yes, we decorate a tree in the back yard, I'm allergic, so it can't live in the house) when suddenly snowflakes explode around our heads and we are each in our own little private snow storm. Unlike the WoW snowstorm, though, this is freezing cold.
       I started running around trying to keep warm and dry. The snow built up behind where I was running, giving us a racetrack shaped oval of snow with my footprints in it. N was running right behind me for a bit and then decided to run in the other direction so she wouldn't be getting snow in the face.
       I finally realized that we could 'right click' on the snowflake icon and dismiss the effect. At the same time I wondered how I'd gotten inside the video game, and wondered: what in the world was I supposed to use to right click with?
       I had another dream, this one about driving into a strange city, and, after being thoroughly turned around, I drove into a warehouse like office building until I found myself in a hallway too narrow to continue. I got out of the car and wandered on foot until I found myself arriving "just in time" to sign up for a tournament.
       The tournament involved creating a character and advancing through the levels until you were high enough to participate in a sort of arena match which took place on a real miniature stage, with real terrain and holographic projections of your character for the audience to watch. The terrain was made up of a sort of plaster hilly country with electronic components for the buildings and towers. It was very impressive, and a little bit confusing as I seemed to be in FPS, watching in what I call Over the Shoulder mode, and then you could look over into the tank and see the entire battlefield at once.
       I then had another dream in which I was being interviewed and made a speach about how important it was to make sure that we were a team, all fighting for each other, and making sure we took the fewest casualties and that no one was left behind. I don't remember the exact words, but the emotional content was intense. I was sad that the interviewer seemed hostile to us, and not to the policies that had led us into conflict in the first place.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home