.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Car Dreams, Bus Dream

             I dreamed a bunch of random stuff. RB was being set on fire and about 12 people were rioting. I was driving through the area. Most of the fire and damage was on the other side of the divided road, but there was some leaking flaming fluid that was nearly burned out across my side of the road. I slowed enough to maneuver around the debris in the road and sped up to zoom through the oily burning patch. No one seemed to be angry at the little red hybrid type cars, so I was able to drive through without any hassles.


             In another dream I was in a ruined tower of stone, looking out over an overgrown orchard. I think the trees were walnut trees. I was pulling a load of rocks up the side of the tower with a rope and pulley system. I think I was trying to repair the tower, even though I knew the tower wasn't mine. We'd tried to find the owner, but hadn't any luck, even with the tax assessor.


             I was sitting on a bus, in the second seat on the passenger side. I had the seat pretty much to myself. I was leaning over the seat in front of me, talking to the person in that seat. A little girl was sleeping on the woman I was talking to. She was also holding my hand. I don't think she was my kid, though. The mom and I were talking about MMOs we'd played, from the original Net Hack Network version, to WoW. It turned out we were both on the same server.


             We had come to a stop in an largely vacant area, only some fence posts and a turn off showed that we had any civilization around. The child woke up and tugged on the bus driver's back to tell him she needed to go to the bathroom. There was no toilet on the bus as it was more of a school bus. One of the other passengers suggested the chemical toilet in the emergency kit. The bus driver vetoed that idea, instead pulling over to let us out to use the bushes. Mom and her daughter weren't the only ones who jumped off the bus and ran for the bushes. I stood up and offered a tissue from my travel pack to anyone who thought they would need it.


             Cats Woke me up several times during the night, especially during one downpour. I was actually dreaming that I was reclined in my car, trying to sleep in the cold, when it started to rain. It started to rain in my dream as well. I was telling the cats that we were fine, the car windows were up and the rain couldn't get them. They were very insistent, though, and managed to wake me up anyway. I petted them for a bit, until they calmed down and went to sleep. N's alarm went off at that point, so it was for nothing.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home