.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Student Fair

I dreamed I was at some sort of fair for elementary or middle school aged children. I was looking after the sound and lights in a multi-purpose room that was a small theater. One of the comedians was a slender blond gal in Daisy-Dukes and a halter top, fitting in with the 'County Fair' theme, but a little racy for a kids show. She told her first joke:

"Two feet, talking to each other as they walk through the mud. Hey, look back, you see that?
"See what? the left foot asked.
"There's something wrong with our butts!
"What do you mean?
"There's nothing but smooth circles on the back end of our prints."

No one got the joke. The girl looked stunned. Someone whispered in from the side "This is a children's show, don't you have any kids material?"

I offered to sound a drumroll and symbol crash then take the lights out. "No, said the voice, let her come up with something."

I left and made my way outside to where the yard in front was sectioned off with yarn and twine, all at heights that kids could navigate through pretty easily, but that an old fat man like me was having great difficulty. Finally a bunch of the kids ran over to help me out because "You look like Santa!"

I thanked them, and they ran back to their game, happy. I met with one of the teachers, who pointed out, before I could complain, that I'd slipped out the side door of the MPR, one they hadn't planned on anyone using.

I laughed and asked "where are the hot dogs."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home