.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Mansion

           I dreamed I was invited to a gathering at a large mansion. It was so large that at first I thought it was a hotel. I was apparently planning on staying for the summer and had several bags when I arrived. The front hallway led to a set of stairs that curved up to the second and third floors. My rooms were on the second floor, of the hallway to the left. I took off my shoes so I wouldn't mark up the dark wood floor. I could see my footprints in the mirror like surface of the wood, the moisture fading rapidly away as I walked.
           I met some other guests and we talked for a bit about how large the hall was, that we could easily hold a dance in the hallway alone. I thought it was a bit narrow for that, but suggested that if we danced reels it would be fine. While we were talking my bags had vanished. As had everyone elses. I suggested that they had just been taken to our rooms. I asked who was sharing my suite, but it turns out, that even though there were two dozen of us, we each had three rooms, with a private water closet and a two person shared bath. Each of us had a sitting room, an office and a small bedroom. I was amazed by the tiny size of the rooms, but having three would mean I had plenty of space. I think the office was all of 7 by 8 and the bedroom no more than 8 by 10. The sitting room had a couple of chairs and a short couch with one small table, which looked like a chess board, I thought that was nice. The sitting room was between the two other rooms and was also only about 8 by nine or so. There were no chess pieces in the drawer of the table, but there was a deck of cards and five dice as well as some checkers. I resolved to take my origami paper and make a chess set.
           The water closet was at the end of the narrow hallway on the side of the office. I didn't immediatly see where the door to the common bathing area was at first, it was hidden as one of the wall panels in the hallway.
           I sat in my sitting room, debating whether to unpack first, or to go and find out who else was visiting.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home