.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Recon Raptor Ambush

        In the first dream I recalled from last night I was part of a 5 person team set to recon through a jungle environment. We had a very nervous first-timer, so we gave them the shotgun, figuring they would have at least some chance to hit something if shooting broke out. The jungle was a fairly unusual environment for all of us, and the noises were a little bit unsettling.

        There was a loud bellowing and rustling from the trees behind us, near where one of the team had climbed up a tree to scout the path ahead with the IR scope. The newbie spun around and blasted the trees without really looking. When a human sized form came crashing down out of the trees I feared the worst, as did the rest of the team.

        Im okay, take his gun away! came from just above where the pellets had torn through the trees.

        I had run over to the fallen creature, it was a large ape, quite dead. I could hear protests from the newbie, but the rest of the team got the gun from him. We decided we would give him the IR gear and let him scout for us. I didnt think that would work too well, but agreed, figuring we would have to be even more vigilant than ever to stay alive.

        I was right to have disagreed. We almost ran into an ambush. Fortunately our point spotted the raptors in the gullies alongside the trail and we halted then fell back to a more defensible position between some fallen logs. When we didnt walk into their trap, the raptors became impatient and rushed our position. About nine large green and yellow striped beasts with purple scales around their lips and eyes rushed us from the forest. The four of us with weapons managed to hold them off, although I had to drop the large gauss cannon to switch to a pistol when they got in close. I dont know how I got the be the heavy ordinance guy, but I was. As per my normal dream logic, I didnt seem to be able to hit anything with the pistol, until I started aiming at legs instead of heads. We managed to take them all down with no runners. Our newbie came down out of the trees quite shaken, repeating over and over I want to go home.

        The second dream has mostly been eclipsed by the events of the day as it was a series of seemingly random encounters in a large shopping mall sort of place. Other than the phone kiosk and the crunchy frog vender, not really frogs, according to the small print on the sign, I dont remember much about the locations. My parents were there, several co-workers, some of whom I havent seen in quite a while, and just some seemingly random folks who I know, but cant ever seem to place. I was wearing a black silk shirt and a Hawaiian print kilt.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home