.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Star Party, with Dragons

        I dreamed I was sitting in the back yard with several friends, looking up at the sky and watching the stars, looking for satellites and meteors and generally just relaxing. Out of the corner of my eye I caught a large meteor, I thought. It stayed lit for a long time, though, and then changed directions and swooped low over the house, a green pulsing dragon that was a thin as a sheet of paper and several yards long.

        It whooshed over the house, but I was the only one whod seen it, and couldnt convince my wife and friends to join me in the front yard where I suspected we might be able to get a better view of it.

        I went around the side yard and heard the whooshing up above, a second green dragon, like a flat neon sign, swept down out of the sky, shrinking as it approached. It wrapped itself around my right arm, its head resting on the back of my hand. Suddenly it was bound to my arm, like a glowing tattoo.

        There was another whoosh, and this time a red dragon bound itself to my left arm and hand.

        A third whoosh, and the green dragon, still large rippled in the sky overhead. I could feel the two dragons in my arms ripple sympathetically with it. My friends and wife came around to the front as it sped up into a ring of bluish stars around a hole in the sky.

        N asked how I got the dragon marks painted on so quickly and cleanly.

        They writhed out of the way of her touch and she jumped back.

        I dont have a clue as to what they are doing, but they sure look cool. I flexed and the dragons swirled around my arms, leaving a warm tingle where they moved.

It wasnt uncomfortable, and not really that scary for me, though everyone else was saying we needed to get to the hospital to have them removed.

I didnt have that feeling about them, though and while I agreed that a doctors visit might be prudent, I didnt feel that I was being consumed, or any such thing.

       

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home