.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Brick House Ghost Story, FPS Department Store Rescue

       I dreamed I was in a new house, or new for me anyway. There was a huge domed front room, all brick work. There were large wooden beams across the vaulted ceiling, and there were large skylights, classic arched top windows around three sides of the upper half of the room. The fireplace wall was at least forty feet high. I can't say what the place was used for before I turned it into a house. This place was also a little old looking. I expressed a concern about the decorative brick work so far above the ground (Perhaps the wall was now more like 60 feet high.) I was looking at the brick ledges and step patterns above the fireplace when I saw a brick shift. There was the hint of a little girl in yellow climbing the brickwork.
       I mentioned to N and C that they should step back in case a brick got dislodged by our climber. They thought I was crazy, but stepped back any way. A brick came sailing down and crashed on the stone hearth, shattering. Both women squealed, but no one was hurt.
       The debris from the brick vanished without trace. There was an old dimple in the stone where the brick landed, and just next to it was the little girl in the yellow victorian dress. She faded away after pointing to a brick ledge where I could see a dusty rag doll.
       "All right, then, no climbing on the brick work."
       "I wouldn't go up there even on a ladder," N offered.
       "I can take a hint."
       I came back in the house with several 10 foot 1"x2" boards. I nailed them together with a long nail on the end. Carefully, I built the thing four high, in place, and hooked the rag doll and brought it down. I carefully dusted it off and offered it to where I knew the little girl was watching. She appeared and hugged the doll, then vanished, I think for good. I felt another presense, an odd combination of old man, guilt and young boy.
       "Your secret is out, and you couldn't have known she'd go after the doll. What you did was wrong, but not murderously wrong. Go, play nice with your sister. Make it up to her."
       The presense faded as well.

       While N was getting ready to go to work, I kept falling into a dream where I was alternately playing an FPS computer game, and then living out the game. FPS game scenerio was some sort of Department Store Rescue. The player had to move from the top of the department store, rescuing the people who were trapped in the various departments and shepherding them to the first floor where you could get them out of the building. At that point you could go into the basement to take on the alien creature that was animating all of the electronic equipment you had to fight on the previous levels.
       The brunette woman (who admitted that she might love her cats more than her husband) I met at the vet's office was there in the pet section. When we made it out the front of the store her husband was there, and decided to join in the hunt for the alien in the basement.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home