.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Quake VR, Mall, Shop, Dream Construction

Quake VR
I make General in single Player.
Too many Generals in the open server. Not enough troopers, everyone wants to be an army of one. The first group that gets over it and works together, they're the undisputed winners. I try to get my faction to work together, "Who made you the boss!" from half a dozen players, variations from a dozen more. I try explain that teamwork is needed. No luck. Finally I start EM painting my own side, and my own side starts gunning themselves down. It is hilarious for a little while. Finally one of the enemy faction convinces his side to form up and work together. They choose ranks based on whoever has the most kills up to this time.
I surrender to them, then tell them what is going on on our side. The enemy troopers start to sweep the map, allowing me to go along and by painting my former comrades, they don't even have to fire a shot sometimes. One of the winning team takes pity on me, and tells me about an Online server with real rankings, factions and affiliations. Where teamwork is the normal. We log out and meet there. We are on the same team this time. I have no record here, so I am a grunt, second class.
"Not the Slime Map!" groans my new friend when he sees the mission load up. He explains that the map is sometimes more dangerous than the enemy in this location. I get myself assigned to the squad under my new friend's leadership. I get to drive the jeep, which means that I am basically unarmed.
We abandon the jeep near the front line, and I am issued a laser targeting device. "I remember you're pretty good with that thing." I take my self out with the point man, and make my way off to the side. I find my first target and paint it up for the snipers. They don't have direct line of fire, so I paint a boulder behind the target, and my troopers unload with a rocket launcher. We get 5 of the enemy in a single shot. I get credit as the paint operator along with the heavy ordinance operator and the rest of the squad. By the time I'm finished with this game I have more individual kills than anyone else in the group (As the painter I share in all painted kills.) The enemy troopers begin to start hunting me, they've been offered a reward.)
This allows us to separate the enemy formation, as many troopers will break off to follow me. By luring them out, I manage to make a hole for us that allows the bulk of our squad to move through and behind enemy lines without any resistance. Soon my squad leader has managed to capture the objective and return to our lines. I am immediately promoted.
"Join a group near you, there's a Leader at MCHS!" I wasn't too sure that I was really much of a joiner, especially with the leader being a HS student. But I promised to give it a try.

Red Freckles at the Food Court. I get a yummy down blouse view when I mention that she looks broke. I share my dinner. We exchange phone numbers.

MCHS AV turned into a trinket store. I am in alone checking out some old video control equipment in the back when I hear noise.
The door has been left open (I don't remember even unlocking the front door) and the store is full of shoplifting kids. I finally manage to get them under some sort of control by pointing out that they are all on tape. Many of them get indignant and leave, tossing zipper pulls and the like on the counter and storming out. Finally I am down to just a few folks, they're older and, I figure out, a bunch of my former gamers. There are smiles and hugs all around, plus one huge hug, and kisses from RH.

After returning to bed with serious body aches I dreamed again. I'd built an addition to the house. A second floor library. It stretches from the peak of the roof to the hillside in back. 30 feet wide and 70 long, windows on the east, north and west sides. Bookcases set back several feet from the windows, out of the sun. There are comfy chairs along both sides and a group large enough for gaming together on the north end. We have cut the wall between the hall and N's closet to put in a 5 foot diameter spiral stair up to the hallway between the bathroom and the library. There is a tower on the east side of the house, that's where the upstairs washroom is located. Awnings and a double layer of glass help keep the rooms cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
In a sudden dream jump, I am out front putting the finishing touches on a stone wall at the corner of the property. We have removed the juniper bushes, and replanted with Ivy that climbed the stone and iron fence. There was a usable tower at each corner of the front yard.
I bet the architectural committee would have something to say about that plan. My argument was that it was a Mediterranean style wall, so the towers were an essential part of the ambiance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home