.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

White House Road Trip

Had this dream several nights ago, but thought it would be appropriate for the day after the State of the Union Address.

J and I had taken a road trip across country, stopping in several places in the west and mid-west before shooting across the Mississippi and forging through to Washington D.C. Once there we got up bright and early one day for our tour of the White House. It was a lovely tour, and the antiques just fascinated J, re-igniting, I suspect, her desire to collect. At one point the President actually stopped in the hallway to say hello to us. We joked with him, and J and I managed to make him laugh. We finished our tour, and ended up the last of the crowd to go into the gift shop.

In the gift shop, J was looking at miniature versions of some of the famous antiques, and was chatting about re-furnishing her dollhouse, suggesting we make a White House replica. While she was talking the store emptied out, except for four secret service guys, and the President. The President waited on us at the checkout stand. I thought it was amusing that he needed help getting the cash drawer open.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home