.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sleepover Dreams

Sleeping away often results in a different sort of dream, because the rest is different, I suppose. Had way too much tea before bed time, so kept having to get up to recycle. Being in an unfamiliar place requires a lot more being awake to navigate, so the dreams are usually quickly forgotten, or merge with dreams from other days.

In one snippet of dream J and I were vacationing in Julian, staying in a wooden cabin with a loft and a bed in the loft/dormer. Everything was cold in the cabin except the little loft area, which was located above a little wooden stove, which had a kettle on. Everything was working and we were both content to snuggle and watch the weather outside, a misty swirling drizzle that was threatening to turn to snow.

In another tidbit, we were on an island, but not a deserted island, an island like Long Island, or Manhattan, only with not quite as many buildings and more forested areas. The buildings were several stories tall, not all bunched together, and some of the trees between the buildings were nearly as tall. There were cable cars or zip lines all over, too.

There were other pieces of dreams, but too fragile to hold on to.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home