.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Monday, August 11, 2014

Break-In, Grab the Garbage Can and Hang On!

Early in the night I woke up from a dream where I came home early from work because I was feverish, and when I arrived there was someone taking the books and chargers off of the small shelf unit in my bedroom. Before I could call to sheriff, N interrupted me.

I asked what she thought she was doing in my house.

She said she just decided that she deserved the small bookcase after all.

"You mean the bookcase that came with the set of encyclopedias my parent's bought the year I was born?"

The person who was helping her stopped what they were doing, mouthed "sorry" at me and started putting the stuff back.

"I have a phone. You can call and ask if there's anything else you think you need." I was thinking I should just call to Sheriff anyway.

Interesting side note, this was not the "got thin and left me N," it was the younger very heavy N.

After that nightmare, I re-arranged the cats and fell back to sleep.

There was lots of driving and manual shifting going on, then I stopped where there were a group of short people filling small bags with supplies were left in the store. It was apparent that they were on foot. We needed to get out of the store and away, as they had accidentally opened up a store room where the zombies had been contained. I told them that they were welcome to camp at the top of the hill with me, but there were too many to fit in Little Red, so we moved over to a large van-like vehicle. I had everyone pile in, but then there wasn't enough room to put the trash can in to take it back up the hill. It had been tied into the back of Little Red, I believe it was full of food and water and other emergency supplies. Even though there was some urgency about getting away from whatever was in the store parking lot. I got the idea that a couple of people could strap themselves into the back and then hang on to the can. It had wheels, and I felt that I could go slowly enough to not burn them off as we only had a mile or so to go. Apparently the can was too heavy to lift up to the roof of the vehicle. (It had taken four of us to wrangle it out of my car. I had loaded it in place.)

They kept apologizing for letting the zombies out. I told them that if we could get away without them seeing us, they would eventually wander down hill, as that seemed to be the natural drift of the things if they weren't actually hunting.

Why didn't we  just lift it into the van and then have one or two people ride in Little Red with me. Or have the van follow me?

No one else could drive a stick shift.

They were all a little young looking, so may not even had learned to drive yet. That was going to be interesting. Post apocalyptic driving lessons for everyone. If I could get back down the hill to pick up my car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home