.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Alien Wristwatch, for Cats

This morning I was fitting my six feline companions with wristwatches, or more accurately wrist computers. The devices allowed me to translate their mews and marrrows and meers and meows into (human) intelligible speech.

Oddly, much of their conversation seemed to involve how wonderful our new alien allies from space were, and what a wonderful peaceful world it would be if we just adopted their culture.

They were oddly silent when I asked them if that included getting along with the grasshoppers and other critters they liked to munch on. I found myself wondering what the worlds' spy networks thought of these devices, as they were everywhere, essentially allowing all the worlds higher life forms to communicate. It was pretty much devastating the meat production market in the US and several other countries, though.

Many countries around the world had tried to make it a death sentence to use the devices, interestingly, those leaders had awakened the next day with the devices strapped firmly around their foreheads for everyone to see.

No one had yet actually seen one of the aliens (or at least they weren't publicly admitting to it.) So the world was busy blaming the US or whatever super power they feared most for the devices being just about everywhere.

I personally was of the opinion that the devices were the aliens, or at least a part of them.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home