.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Haunted Car

I dreamed that I was called in to work on a car that had been possessed by a Hostile Alien Life Form With Intent to Terminate. (Thank you brain, this is funny now, but I didn't "get it" during the rather terrifying dream.) It was like "Christine" but without the ghosts or any subtlety. The vehicle quite clearly intended to do away with anyone who came within doors' reach, unless they had the keys and were likely to start the vehicle up so it could take its rampage on the road.

I managed to call the entity down, and then, for some dumb reason, insulted the entity while I was actually inside the vehicle. My watching self was screaming at my dream self for being an idiot. I was able to cut the seatbelt that was strangling me, but had to break a window when the car rolled it up on my neck. It kept opening and closing the door, trying to catch bits of me in the doorframe or the broken glass. It would pretend to be gone but I knew that if I tried to exit the vehicle it would catch me. Despite the terrifying nature of the dream, it was just a fairly regular nightmare rather than a night terror.

The really scary part was how quickly everyone in the garage vanished when it was trying to slam the doors on me. I thought they were going for the jaws of life or something, but they vanished and didn't come back to help at all.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home