.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Naptime

Meant to post this tidbit yesterday afternoon. I napped, only about twentyfive minutes, not enough for a full dream state, but enough to get the odd voices and sleep paralysis. I thought the voices were the neighbor kids, at first. The voices became those of adults, and I heard the screen door to the catio open and close. I could hear them approaching through the kitchen, as the refrigerator door opened and closed, as did a couple of cabinets. It sounded like whoever it was poured themselves a couple of glasses of something. I could hear the Tequila bottle being taken out of the pantry, then being opened and then put back, it makes a distinctive 'clink' sound when it hits my old ceramic flask at the back of the cabinet.

The voices and footsteps, and tinkling ice sounds got closer. ('That's odd,' I remembered thinking, as I don't currently bother making ice at all.)

I recognized one of the voices, it was me, or a really good impersonation of me. The words, though, didn't seem to make any sense, but a female voice laughed at Other Me's comments and my Other voice joined in the laughter, so it was some sort of shared joke.

They reached the bedroom door, and I heard Other myself say "Whoops! Sorry about that."

I woke up wondering how I got the wrong parallel universe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home