.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Wind

The air was getting dryer, and the wind wilder. The sail on the wind car began to vibrate and shudder, a sudden direction shift caused the whole car to tip wildly up onto two of it's three wheels and I nearly lost control as the boom smacked the ground and caused the whole car to lurch to the right, I managed to grab the sheet and shifted the counterweight just in time to keep from tipping over.

The wind shifted again and the whole car lifted off the ground, the boom swung over and smashed the side of my helmet, waking me up.

The crashing noise continued as I woke, the wind outside had brought down one of the dead limbs of the mulberry tree. It was still in the process of falling off the patio cover and smacking the ground on the other side of the hot tub. I opened the curtains in time to watch it collapse into the back yard, taking part of the orange tree with it. The only living section, of course.

Then I woke up. The wind was indeed blowing and the trees outside creaked with the wind load, but there was no fallen branch, and the little living section of the orange tree was whipping about in the wind quite cheerily. Princess Tiger Lily was perched on my head, afraid of the wind. I then realized that Tiger Lily has been dead a significant number of years now.

And I woke up. This time I didn't bother to get out of bed, shifting around so I could make some room between all of the cats. I pulled my hands out from under the covers, and realized I was STILL sleeping.

---

I gave up trying to wake up, and then, yes, I woke with a terrible need to sneeze. After that, everyone was awake. I could see the wind puffing the curtains in and out as the house was breathing, I realized that the house was actually a little bit warmer than it was when I went to bed, even though it was still dark outside. I got up to shut all the windows and didn't even look outside to see the condition of the trees. I'll check that when I get home from work today. I don't know if it was the wind, or my sneeze, but the cats are all out of sorts this morning.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home