.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Monday, November 11, 2013

Benadryl Dreams

Got myself bit by a spider and had the largest allergic reaction yet, so lots of anti-histamines. Lots of very intense and completely random dreams.

Little Red and I went flying off a six foot drop at the end of a roadway, right into a parking lot that was rapidly filling up. I had to move all my stuff out of the back over to the passenger side, as the driver's side rear wheel had fallen off. I limped the car around the lot looking for a place to park that would be large enough for me to get a tow truck behind the car. I couldn't find one, but did come across an empty shed that belonged to a Mystic Memories store. I pulled the car in and took a look underneath. It looked like it would be easy to put the wheel back on, if I weren't missing a couple of nylon gears. I figured I could get them from the dealership, which was less than a mile away.

I went into the Mystic Memories store and proceeded to tell them how fortunate I had been to find their storage unit open. I asked if it could have been any more pre-ordained. That immediately had the effect of shutting down their opposition. I told them I would be back with parts as quickly as I could, and would be willing to help move their inventory they had been packing for storage when I got back.

I had a long pleasant walk to the dealership, and the parts were only a few tens of dollars, and they promised to deliver.

The walk back didn't take as long as I got a ride from a tow truck driver who was headed in that direction. She and I got to chatting, and she gave me her card in case I needed a lift to fix the car.

She dropped me off at the shop just as the parts were being delivered, so the three women from the Mystic Memories, the tow truck driver and the parts driver all crowded into the little storage room. I assembled my wheel and the five of them lifted up the car so I could reattach the wheel. It went right into place without a glitch.

I moved the car out into an open spot, and the six of us moved the boxes into the storage unit in just two trips. The store owners asked me to dinner. I remember realizing that this was a dream several times, but it was never enough to kick me out.

This morning I was out in the back yard, picking up fallen branches. The sky was a wavy blue and green, like an inverted ocean surface. Not cloudy, though, the sun was plainly visible in the sky, and it was bright. I wondered what the heck was wrong with my eyes.

I sat down to ponder the whole thing when it dawned on me that there were more spirits of cats than cats around the yard: Tiny, Penelope,  Calrissian, Lucy, Rocky, Annie, Junior, Dolly, Jennifer, Princess Tiger Lily, Chloe, Domino, T-Rex, Purina, Ralston. While I sat there remembering them, I was sad that I couldn't actually sit with them. I also realized that with Ralston gone, I really don't have anyone to come and sit with me in the back yard. (Fawn would probably skitter off, though I am sure I could catch her easily these days, I just don't want to risk it.)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home