.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Hillside Cantina, in 2D and Road Trip

Had an oddly delightful twist on the dream city Hillside Cantina location. It was in the form of a 2D side scroller. The patrons in the bar area were aware of the change, but the ones in the restaurant section seemed to be oblivious to the difference. I think it may have been something in the drinks. The color palette of the dream was also seriously reduced, making our outfits quite garish.

No one seemed to be too upset by the change, and we did figure out, after a bit of fiddling around, how to move between layers. That was the only way to get out of the bar, it seemed, as the entrance was not in the actual plane of the bar and the patio. (I should say "patios" as there were ladders leading up onto several other layers of the "patio.")


In a separate dream, this morning N and I were travelling to Connecticut in a big blue muscle car (fins and portholes, white leather interior) and, for the first time in a couple years, we were completely civil to one another. In a way, those are the hardest dreams, because when I wake I know it can never be that good between us again and it throws my whole morning off.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home