.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Friday, May 03, 2013

Friends

I was introduced to some college aged friends, an odd mix of twenty somethings cut straight out of 'Big Bang Theory,' '90210,' 'Three's Company,' and, 'Friends.' We were at a condo warming party for the bunch of them, as they'd all just moved in.

They were all crammed into three of four units in a quad-plex condo, and were trying to get me to agree to be the purchaser of the fourth so they would have a unified front to present for the common area rules. This led to an awkward moment where I had to point out to them that I was old enough to be any of their parents, so a unified front was, well, unlikely.

"But you're a cool, odd, old guy..."

"... and the show needs that."

So, I was thinking to myself, this is what my life has come to, I'm Mister Furley on some new semi-reality show.

Just as I was thinking this couldn't be even a smidgeon more awkward, the Middle Eastern fellow that no one really understands came over and hugged me. "I wish I had a dad like you."

And the hug went on way longer than it should have, just like if we were shooting a sit-com. I hoped I was getting more than union scale.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home