.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

UFO Chase, on Foot!

A UFO zipped across the sky and shot down at an angle that convinced the four of us that it would crash or land some relatively small distance away. I managed to get my camera out and take a couple of shots, which I knew would be the classical blurry variety as the object was pretty far away. We immediately began running after it. A and C both taking off at a good clip, as they were in better shape than myself. There was a young woman, just a bit shorter than myself, with thick black curly hair and dark brown eyes with a light coppery rim. I dont recognize her as someone I know, but rather than outrunning all of us, she chose to stay back with me, as I was the slowest of the bunch.

As we ran out of the park, trying not to stumble down a wide concrete stairs, and then down a rural street, we came across the sports fields of a school. There was a football game going on, and the band was just coming off the field. A and C ran through the field, and I temporarily lost sight of them amongst the shiny red, blue and gold band uniforms.  I slowed and headed around the field, not wanting to cut through the event. The YW seemed grateful for going around. Even though we werent keeping up real well with A and C, just barely moving faster than a jog, we were keeping a steady pace and actually made up most of the distance, as A and C had to make their way through the crowd on the other side of the bleachers.

By the time we ran off the campus and back out into a recently harvested field, I was having a little trouble with my asthma, I think the recently cut straw and dust was creating an issue. I had to stop and took the time to pull out my camera and take another couple of shots of the UFO as it settled behind some trees in the distance. A and C were almost the edge of the field at the bottom of the shot, I could see that they were slowing down, walking rather than running at this point.

I took a couple of zoomed in shots while waiting for the YW, she was hunched over, hands on knees, out of breath. My legs were cramping, but I wasnt really out of breath, aside from the slight asthma. I asked if she was ready to go on, and now it was me who was staying back for her as she could barely maintain a slow jog, hand clutching her side trying to mitigate the stitch in my side.

Ad astra per technica,
FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home