.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Midlife Crisis, Dinosaurs

        I dreamed last night that I purchased a dark green sports car, two seater, like a Miata, but more 40s roadster looking in the grill and front end. It had brown leather seats and a brown leather top. Even in the dream I was thinking I must be crazy as the poor car would never be parked under cover until I retired. I rationalized the purchase to myself by arguing that it was my midlife crisis and I could do what I wanted with it. I love it when my dream mind and waking mind argue, thats perfectly normal, right?

        In a later dream I was being chased by a large dark purple and green dinosaur. No matter how I twisted and turned, nor how fast I went, it was right there behind me. As I ran I started to become very winded and soon it caught up to me. Not sure what happened then, but next thing I know, Im riding the large beast, herding a bunch of triceratops like dinosaurs across the bushy flatlands.

Oddly, I was singing, but in Latin. (Sadly, I didnt sound any better than I would in my waking life.)

Shortly after that I was in my office, much cleaned up, with only three book cases and a pretty dark-wood computer desk. I was working on translating the Latin lyrics from the previous dream. Im pretty sure the lyrics were from the limerick I had written for a forum post earlier in the week:

A young priestess, sweet Mercymay,

Set out for Goldshire one day.

What she learned in that Inn

of fur, feather and fin,

Made her rush back to the abbey to pray.

I suspect the Latin wouldnt be quite as poetic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home