.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

No Parking at Hillside Club

I dreamed I was driving all over the hills around the Hillside Club and could not find a parking spot. Finally I pulled up into the delivery driveway and got out of my car, folded it up, then put it in my pocket. I was a little amazed that it had taken me so long to figure out what to do.

I made my way into the club, but the place was pretty much shut down. The dining room was closed and a couple of the waiters were sleeping in the booths. I tiptoed up into the bar. There was only one other patron there. She wasn't who I was supposed to meet, and after a couple of questions, she decided I wasn't who she was waiting for either. We sat on opposite ends of the bar, hoping that our respective appointments would show up.

I ended up chatting with the owner, then when the bar finally closed up I helped round up the serving trays and dishes and helped wash everything up. The owner asked if I was staying over again. "Your room is ready, clean linens and heated up, no need to try to drive back up the hill tonight."

"I'll help make pancakes in the morning."

"Always appreciate that." She hugged me in a very matronly way.

I thanked her and made my way back to one of the small guest rooms the staff always seemed to have ready. Before I turned in I took a stroll outside and unfolded my car into a parking spot on the hill, now that there was one available. I thought for a second about driving home, but decided not to risk it as I was very tired. Besides, I really did enjoy making pancakes for the morning regulars. (Of which, apparently, I was one most days.)


In the morning I had a dream similar to many previous. I was in "Little Red" driving along a sea wall. In the distance I could see a large wave approaching and could tell it was much higher than the sea wall. I started looking for side streets that would take me to higher ground. As is also usual for this type of dream, there weren't any that weren't blocked off or jammed with traffic. I found a place in the lee of the wall and rolled my windows up tight.

It didn't take long for the water to come crashing over the wall. The car rocked a little bit, but really just stayed put pretty much where she was. It took about ten minutes for the water to drain away and I was able to start my car and continue driving along the road, carefully making my way around the larger clumps of seaweed until I could head back inland and up into the hills where my house was. I found myself wondering why this dream always caused such panic, there really wasn't anything to it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home