.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

On Stage, Under Water

        I dreamed I was at a performance taking place in one of my old elementary school auditoriums. I went to the back stage area to say hello to some of the performers who were friends of mine, and they talked me into joining them on stage for their opening improv.

I did and we ended up doing a very funny audience interactive version of Little Red Riding Hood. It was a blast.

When we came off stage after the first bit the director of the group asked who I was. I apologised for sort of taking over, but he stopped me and asked if I wanted to finish out the tour with them. We chatted a bit, but I knew that I couldn't do that. I took part in a couple of other short improvs, and then when we were taking our bows he saved my introduction to last, "And our special guest performer, the school district's own..."

I enjoyed the applause and then when the show was over several teachers came and asked if I could come work with their classes. I explained that they would have to clear that with my bosses.

I then dreamed I was investigating a stretch of bay filled with shallow sand bars and the remains of many towers. The towers were now muscle encrusted stumps of oily wood sticking up out of the bottom of the ocean. Only in a few places were there and sign of the towers above the water level. One of the things I discovered was a giant blue and grey shark.

The shark was incredibly intelligent, and soon figured out that we were looking for the old tower sites, so he let us hang on and took us on a tour of the bay floor, stopping to hunt and let us map each of the sites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home