.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Bears, CH Gets New Glasses.

            I dreamed that I had met up with a large number of folks in a heavily wooded area where they had hidden horses in a large cave system. Although I wasn't really sure of the reason, we were evacuating the area. Only one problem, there weren't enough horses for everyone. At least a half dozen people would have to ride double, a couple of them adults. That would slow us down.
            I noticed that there were, however, a couple of very large brown shaggy bears chained in the back of one of the caves. I went over to them and "communicated" the problem with them. I came out of the little side cave riding one and leading the other.
            Everyone backed away from us. "I can take another adult if anyone is willing. We have to leave now, because the bears are going to be slower than the horses."
            "I can't imagine anyone would follow you, though."
            "Those bears are even bigger than I thought," whispered a woman hiding behind her husband.
            "I'll go, but my sister has to come with us," a young woman said. Her sister looked to be about eleven or twelve.
            I turned and asked the female bear if she would take them, and the bear said she could take one, the other would have to ride the male with me.
            "I'm okay with that," the little girl said, apparently able to understand the bears, too. She grabbed up her school backpack and ran over to where I was and I helped her up in front of me. "Don't you have a bag?"
            "No, just what's in my pockets." Which I knew to be a lot, as I was wearing a vest with four pockets and cargo pants.
            We started out immediately, no one else in the group left behind offered anything more than a wave, mostly seeming to be glad to see the bears go.

            I dreamed that CH came over to help clean the house, and she was wearing new glasses, thick dark red frames with a slender rounded rectangle shape. They really drew attention to her blue eyes. I commented on them which made her smile, and that's when I noticed that they were prop glasses, with no actual lenses in them.
            She explained that they were for a costume she was working on, but I couldn't tell now what I thought she said.

All in all these were both a welcome change from the all consuming Zombie dreams I've been having of late.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home