.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Flooding, Now With More Alien Invaders

            N and I were climbing up a hill overlooking San Marcos and Escondido. I had the .30-06 in a padded hard case, and my telescope in its soft case. N had her brass collapsing telescope and her cell phone. We stopped and visited S and C on the way, but they were too tired to join us.
            When we reached the top of the hill, we set up the telescopes and watched the tide come in, filling in the low parts of the San Marcos Valley. The levies seemed to be holding and our house, now below the high tide level seemed to be safe for now. I was relieved, we'd left the cats there.
            N spotted the alien craft first, it was coming in behind the large waves that drove the waters inland. I swung the large telescope around and managed to spot it, a hideous thing that I couldn't tell if it was machine or living being. It had four major limbs with green scales and mossy protruberences dangling from them. They were webbed between the limbs, and a large mouth with bone colored teeth around its circumference. Near the mouth were four smaller tentacles, curled up in tight spirals as if being held out of the way. The creature, or vehicle banked away from us, revealing the top side. Much lighter green and sandy colored, with a bulbous central structure. There were no sign of eyes or windows. The base of the bulbous structure was surrounded by fleshy green bumps and smaller tentacles, the whole ship/creature was thickly veined.
            At one point I very strongly felt it was watching us, but it continued to veer away on whatever mission it was on. I found myself hoping it was severely disappointed that our defenses had held. N shuddered and told me, “That was just a small one.”

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home