.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Driving in My Car, Setting the Cat Loose, Sand Bags

        I dreamed one of those road type dreams where I am driving on a freeway, but not sure where from or where to. At one point N and I decided to get off the road to take a little break. Since we were in the desert I just rolled off the freeway, but for some reason we didnt come to a stop.

        I was standing on the brakes, but the car just kept rolling and I was frantically trying to avoid ramming into the stands of cactus and creosote. We figured it might be best to get back on the freeway, but by then we had no idea where it was. I figured we would just have to head at roughly ninety degrees to the direction we were traveling and we would have to cross the road.

        We did eventually reach a road, at which point the car started working normally, brakes and all. We arrived after a bumpy ride at a broken down house. For some reason we decided to stay, and had to coax Teddy out of the car. He wasnt really happy with the whole being outside bit, but I thought that would make it easy to get him back in the car when we were ready to go.

        I dreamed that there was a series of pools in the back yard, one overflowing into another.  As I was swimming I noticed that the volume of water was increasing. I climbed out to see that a stream above the house was overflowing its banks. N wanted to dig a ditch to the drain in our back yard, but I pointed out that we might want to sandbag around the back patio under the balcony, as it was even lower than the drain in the yard.

        I wasnt sure where to dig up the dirt to fill the sandbags, though.

Ad astra per technica,
FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home