.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Camp Counselor

        I dreamed I was a counselor at 6th grade camp. I was sitting outside the counselors cabin, watching the thunderheads blot out the night sky, and wondering what the hell had ever possessed me to volunteer for this job. As I sat and pondered, the sky lit up, lightning struck the hill in the distance, then all the power in the camp went out, and then the screaming began.

        I made my way to my assigned cabin (I wasnt on the part of the staff that had to directly supervise the kids, so this was the emergency/lockdown protocol.) The sky opened up and it started to pour.

        I pulled up my hood and took out my wind-up flashlight, greeting the other staff members as we all headed out in the night to help keep our campers calm.

        It was amazing the power that the little wind-up radio part of my wind-up flashlight had to calm the kids down. They still had their lifeline to their technology, and by extension the real world. It calmed their fears and the clamoring for their cell phones died down. (The cell-phones were all locked up in lockers in the front of each cabin until it was time to leave, or there was a real emergency.) I was delighted to see that some of our campers hadnt even woken up.

Ad astra per technica,
FF 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home