.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Squeaky Wheels

        This morning I dreamed I was at work in a new location. I had been moved to an office so my phone call voice wouldn't be heard all over the cubes nearby. This apparently created some resentment and I got into work one morning and found my chair had been replaced with a hardwood kitchen chair with cheap casters bolted on to it.

        I sat in the chair, and rolled it around a bit. The casters were quite noisy, but it actually rolled easier and spun better than my previous chair. It also had arm rests that were exactly the right height, or at least would be with about two inches of padding on the wooden seat.

I rolled it around the cubes asking to borrow a pillow from various folks until I could go buy my own.

        Squeak Squeeeeeak!

        "What is that?"

        "My new chair! How cool is this?" I would then spin the chair as fast as I could. "It's almost perfect! all I need is some lumbar support and a butt cushion. Can I borrow your pillow?"

        "Uh, no, I'm using it, ask B if she has a spare."

        "Oh, Okay, thanks."

        Squeak, squeak, squeeeeak!

        After squeaking around the office for about ten minutes I rolled back into my office, took care of a couple of emails, and then left to go to the restroom.

        When I got back my regular padded chair was back at my desk, no sign of the squeaky kitchen chair. Even though I started out the morning faking it, I was really getting attached to that chair.

        I really hope I'm not "that guy" at work. Now I'm afraid to go in this morning.

Ad astra per technica,
FF
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home