.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Friday, November 13, 2009

Ant Farm

        Been a long couple of weeks. N has been in for surgery and is recovering. (Delivered up a 1.5 pound Freddy The Benign Fibroid with no complications.) Lots of dreams but no time to write them down. It is quiet for the moment so I am going to dash this one out.

        I was in the wood-panel and velvet walled house in the Dream city. (The one that crosses two short downtown blocks.) I was remembering an essay Id read one time where the writer was complaining about how sad the ant farm shed ordered in the mail was. The ants that were shipped didnt include a queen, so the colony was destined to die after just a few short weeks. What had triggered this thought is that I was removing some large red ants, and their little dirt cone like structures, from a sliding window frame. I thought about putting them in a glass showcase in the front hall, but realized I didnt want to go digging around for their queen.

Somehow that got me thinking about what if people in the city were like an ant farm.

        The queen arrived in the mail (Not sure how that worked.) She was all ready pregnant, and soon delivered quadruplets. Shortly after she was pregnant again and delivered more children. This was a human-like woman, delivering quick growing human-like children. I was struggling to find enough diapers for them, fortunately there was a baby supplies delivery service, though they must have thought it weird that I was suddenly ordering baby supplies for dozens of children all at once. As they grew I found that I had to lock up my walk in refrigerator.

The sudden population boom was creepy and only got more so when burglars broke in and soon found themselves swarmed by babies with mandibles. I had quite the time separating the burglars from their attackers, as I didnt want to hurt the babies. I only momentarily thought about letting the ant babies eat the intruders, but decided I really didnt want them developing a taste for human flesh, seeing as how I was one myself.

After I got the burglars into custody I decided I needed to have a talk with the queen about population control, and perhaps some sort of territory limit.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home