.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Saturday, October 03, 2009

Ice Road to KO in a Box

              I dreamed I was driving over to the island where my girlfriend lived. The city was covered with snow and the roads were icy. There were two spans of bridge to cross and the bridge was also covered with ice. The heater in my car didn't work well, and so I was bundled up, but apparently not enough because I was still freezing.
              After the first span of bridge, and sliding a couple of times, I stopped on the first little island and got out to check the chains. They were iced over the iced over tires. I couldn't stand being outside the car for more than a minute at a time, so kept having to hop back in and hold my hands over the heat vent. I managed to break some of the ice off of the chains and then moved the litter buckets around in the back of the car to put more weight over the wheels. I didn't know if it would really help, as the car was a front wheel drive.
              I managed to stay on the second bridge span to make it into the small town where the girlfriend lived. When I got to her apartment, she had a box in the front room. I opened it up and KO, a former HS classmate was tucked inside. She smiled and asked me to help get her out of there as she was pretty stiff.
              I told her she was pretty limber for someone who was fifty, and complimented her on the fact that she looked about thirty. The three of us sat and chatted for quite a bit about our time in high school and it came out that KO's and my first kiss were one and the same. We both had the same reaction, too. It was very startling because there was a definite connection, and at the same time, we felt like we were kissing a relative. It was just so overwhelming and confusing that we never actually dated again. We all pretty much laughed through the rest of the evening, telling other embarrassing tales.
              As I was waking up from the dream I found myself wondering who the heck my “girlfriend” was, as I could not place her as someone I know.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home