.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Visiting France, Fishbowl

        One of the dreams I had last night involved N and I taking a trip to France (and presumably other parts of Europe.) We were making our way around with the tour group and then split off to try food in a little restaurant wed seen from the bus. Neither of us really speaks French, but we had a little cell phone sized translator, and we were making our way through the menu, and trying to chat with the server.

        After much mangling of the French language and humor about it all around, I translated Its tough to sound clever when you only know fifteen words, and showed it to the waiter, who cracked up with us. We had the best service ever after that, and a couple of people even came over for our autographs and hilarity ensued as we tried to explain that we werent famous.

        The next dream wasnt as fun. I was at work (in my new desk which has a window right next to the entry of the building. So everyone who comes into the office can see my computer screen before they enter. I joke that I moved from the small fishbowl into the larger one. My boss came in to tell me I needed to always have something official looking up on my screen, and I needed to make sure I didnt pick my nose or scratch while I was at my desk.

 Is it okay to suck my thumb and rock back and forth sobbing instead?

He did not look amused.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home