.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

George Washington's Cats

        I dreamed that I was visiting Mt Vernon, and as we strolled the grounds I pointed out the very elegant looking long tails on the local cats. The guide informed us that they were the descendants of George Washingtons cats. The more than a dozen tourists, clad in bright polyester colors with binoculars, cameras and water bottles hanging from around their necks, some with all three, muttered in approval.

        I remember thinking that, after 200 years, if any cats were descendants of GWs cats, nearly all of Virginias feral cats could make the same claim with as much sincerity.

        Someone asked, Can we see the cherry tree Washington chopped down?

We moved on, and I just smiled and kept my thoughts to myself.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home