.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, October 01, 2009

New WoW Character, Uncooked Chicken

        I dreamed I was playing World of Warcraft with my online friends when we ran across a player who was desperate for someone to play the role of his butler. After some typing back and forth, we realized he really needed a porter not a butler, but that conversation didnt really bear much fruit as the other player didnt really seem to get the concept. (Had never heard the word porter before.)

        I often advertised my low level runs as requiring a porter so my friends thought this semi-failed conversation was funny.

        We each decided to re-roll a low level toon and all apply for the position. I created a young Worgen rogue named Monreaux McMacMack (apparently the new version of WoW in the Dreamlands Edition adds the surname field to its database for players) and ran him from the starting area over to Stormwind. I sent him over a tuxedo and some 20 slot bags.  I showed up for my interview in the outfit. My friends cried foul but I got the job, and asked if he would hire my other two friends as a groomsman and maid. I explained that we were sort of a package deal.

While we were preparing for our journey, one of the street lamps exploded and we had to run around stomping out the little fires, and collecting small stones that were cast out from the explosion. The stones looked more like chicken tenders or tater tots. That lead to some rather funny dialog. While the player whod hired us was more or less ignoring the other players who tried to interact with him, as they werent part of his story, it didnt limit us in the least. The fact that our employer ignored them allowed us to play him off as eccentric and snooty, it was a blast.

        I have to give the other player credit, he ran us around our starting quests and got us up to a level high enough to run our first low level dungeon in less than an hour. By the time three hours had passed we were all around level 19 and had much nice blue gear from Deadmines. (We ran several times in character, which was pretty funny after the third or fourth time.) We spent about an hour in town helping him impress his lady with both his wealth and very polite and helpful staff. Then the two of them took us out for a spin along the coast of Westfall where two of us took turns killing quest mobs while the other served a romantic dinner to the couple.

        My friends and I decided that we would reserve Sunday afternoons for this trio, and informed our new boss of our availability, we then gave him some reasons he might want to contact our mains in character, as wed all enjoyed playing with him.

        I fell back to sleep, after N took her ticking abomination of a clock out of the bedroom; we had a four hour power outage. I dreamed I was cooking chicken for my lunch at work. I made my way through most of it, but found two partly un-cooked parts which I had to stand in line at the microwave to re-cook.

I didnt wake up until the sun was shining into the bedroom, making me an hour late for work.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home