.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Monday, October 05, 2009

Library Lady, Old Journals

        This is the second night in a row that I dreamed of the red-haired Library Lady. LL and I were sitting together in the dark library watching a re-run of an old Science Fiction television show, one that I believe has no actual tape available. Still, there we were, snuggled up together, watching very old, very bad television.

        “At least the performers are going at the material with gusto.”

        “They’d have had more luck with a paper shredder,” the LL replied.  I could tell she was enjoying the show, though.

        I opened up another window and discovered that I had new files to review. We’d set up the automated scanner to scan in several of my old journals, and the process had finished, leaving me with several .pdf files and a ton of .xml markups of whatever the OCR software could figure out. I wasn’t expecting much, as I had written in several different styles during the time I had been journaling, sometimes all on the same page.

        I opened up the first file, and although the handwriting was obviously mine, I couldn’t remember a bit of what was written there. There were notes for a video game that seemed to involve a tentacle alien harvesting “love” from the nearby human population in order to refuel its space pod. There were notes about N and our lawyers (I quickly skipped over that part,) and notes about which cats were going where, as we had to find homes for 4 of the cats, as we could each only keep two each.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home