.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Doctor Who, Spoor Excuse

        I dreamed I was aboard the TARDIS, and we were heading into a plague infested future. Large green spoor balls with tails of long slimy webbing were the source of the infection. We were trying to find a hidden and spoor ball free area to land.

        I was watching out the front door, as the TARDIS, for some reason, was unable to sense the spoor balls, even though we could see them clearly enough.

        They have some sort of temporal damping effect.

        You mean a cloaking device.

        Something like that, yes

        We found a large steel bridge that was under construction, it had a partially complete lower section. The bridge had a sort of S bend to it and we decided to try inside. It looked pretty clean, but as we rounded the first turn I quickly pulled the door shut, as wed almost run directly into one of the spore balls (they were about four foot around, and covered with three inch dimples like a golf ball.) I told the Doctor to keep the inner doors closed, as I wasnt sure if wed closed in time, Id seen some of the dimples explode as we got near.

        The other companions, Donna, and another woman I dont recognize, begged to let me in. The Doctor agreed with me, though, I might have been infected and we just couldnt take the chance.

        Too bad this doesnt open up on a clean room, or an infirmary.

        Wait a moment, what did you say there?

        Open up on a clean room or an infirmary.

        Thats it, underground clean room. Theres an abandoned one under the Chatsworth Hills. The Doctor spun some controls and we were off.

        Youre just going to drop him off underground! one of the women shouted.

        Only until were sure hes not infected.

        And if he is?

        Well figure something out. I am a Doctor.

       

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home