.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Dream House, Plum Role

        I dreamed about the dream house on the hill outside the city. It is under construction, but there is a core that is livable. There is a great room just north of the entry hallway that has a large open bathing area on its west side. The new color scheme is light blue and white, there is also a large amount of white and grey marble in the floors. The furniture is a sort of silvery oak color with a lot of sheen to it. The fabrics are mostly patterned, floral diamonds on a light blue background and a couple of striped chairs and ottomans. The whole place is much lighter feeling than before, much more inviting.

One of the house haunts was setting up camp in the new 8 person fountain/hot tub area. I was trying to convince it to leave peoples towels on the racks, but otherwise to feel free to frolic in the water.

Later, I dreamed I was sitting in the theater with DS and some former students. They had come to the invitational dress of a musical I was involved with. I hadnt told them, however, how I was involved. We got to talking about MCs drama history, and how the transition was so difficult when DS left. I pointed out that they had a very talented replacement who had taken the program and moved it into an even more inclusive direction. Just then the director joined us and we congratulated her on her successful program. She took my seat and I made my way back stage.

        It turns out, I was performing in the musical, and not just a lark comedy cameo, either. I started singing off stage and entered on the booming end of the first line. You could hear the gasps in the audience as my voice filled the theater. (I wish I could sing like that for real.) The song was not one I am familiar with, and I could actually feel my brain writing it as I was singing it in the dream, while at the same time the song was well rehearsed according to the dream logic.

The song was basically a fathers lament that he had hoped to do much with his life, but stopped in order to raise his son, who was now looking to be a do nothing, just like me. As the final line of the song states. All during the song I am taking off my shoes and socks, and then using my socks to polish the car. At the end of the song I roll down all of the car windows and start it up. 

The show starts with the attempted suicide of the father (played by me) who then turns his family upside down in order to recover from a nearly fatal depression, and to finally provide the sort of role model his son needs, despite the resistance of his spouse, doctors, coworkers and even his son.

The night before last I can only remember the single phrase Doctor Axelpyre, florist to the gods.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home