.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Monday, December 08, 2008

And Another, and Another...

        I dreamed I went back to a school site, where I was in charge of the Educational Technology Support Office. First period of the first day of school went well, very quiet, only a couple of problems, easily fixed via remote desktop.

        Second period began with a trio of student aids arriving to check in. They had schedules, and I was indeed listed as their instructor. One of my former students popped in, he was the cousin of one of my new pupils. We visited for a bit, when there came a knock on the door. Two more students showed up with their schedules in hand.

        Well, this is starting to look interesting. We may be able to set up a full configuration shop after all. I welcomed my new minions and got them introduced around.

        About the time we were moving some of the furniture, and requesting a couple of new chairs, the door was knocked on again. There were students six and seven, I had a feeling that this wasnt the end of things, so left the door open. Sure enough, soon I had about 30 students standing around outside my rather small office. I checked next door, and discovered that the video production studio was empty during second period, so went and opened that up, just so kids didnt have to stand around outside.

I got them all together, with BA manning my phone for me, and told them what the position was supposed to be like. I then explained that we might find that there wasnt enough work for all of them, so better come prepared to do something else with the time. A few minutes into my talk the transfer students began to come in, the ones who didnt like their previous assignment, or who were new and didnt have an elective on their schedule.

It was obvious that a couple of them were on their third drop in. I sent one over to counseling to let them know that I didnt have a facility for all of these students. I would be happy to keep them, if I could just have a place to stage them from.

When I woke up, I had five of the eight inside cats curled up on my body and legs. I could barely move. It was pretty obvious where the theme for this dream came from.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home