.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Friday, November 14, 2008

Zombie Jungle

        Again with the zombie dreams. This time, however, the zombies were in a jungle setting amongst some old pyramid ruins. Although the dream seemed very real, we all had visible health bars, like in a video game. Every time we would hit a zombie, its health would drop by one fifth. Every time a zombie got to snack on a cadaver it would gain about a quarter of its health.

        There were far more zombies than there were us people.

        Zombies could chow down on each other, they would gain a quarter of their health and their target only would lose one fifth. I complained to the other survivors about the poor game design. They seemed completely unaware that this was a video game.

        Eventually we figured out that we had to lure them away from the crowd and burst them down one at a time. Somehow without taking any damage ourselves. Our food supplies were more limited, and only restored about one fifth of our health.

        It was weird running around with a health bar across my chest. My companions health bars sort of floated at chest level, but were visible no matter how they turned. I had bandages that worked by throwing them at the injured person. The longer we fought the zombies the more ripped and revealing our clothing became.

        I couldnt seem to hit the zombies with my pistol, so resorted to throwing large rocks at their heads, and trying to trap them with vines, and knock them into pits. The trouble with this is that we couldnt really run away from them, as they would clump up and follow, eventually climbing over one another to get out of the pits, etc. Since my shooting skills were severely lacking, I became the bait boy, working to peel one off from the crowd and lure it to the others.

        Fortunately for us, zombies shuffled very slowly in a direct line towards the closest living person. That allowed is to herd them up a bit and trap them in various pits and piles of rubble. Unfortunately there seemed to be an unlimited number of the things clawing their way up out of the vine choked jungle floor. As the sun rose, I noticed that we were in a valley bordering a lake, I suggested that we might retreat to the lake and take a boat to the other side, allowing us to get a clear field of fire on the zombies. I was getting tired from all the running around. Besides, I wanted to see the women in wet lingerie.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home