.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Gaming, Shower Before Adventuring

        I dreamed that I was sitting at a table with N and a couple of others. N and a woman I dont know were gathered around their laptops, and I was sketching a map of our travels on paper with a nice soft mechanical pencil.

        I wasnt the GM. I was playing! I had a Gnomish Combat Engineer, and was running around collecting materials to make the really big bomb as we traipsed through the dungeon of the day. We were moving our miniatures on a web based game assistant system, one that I had the impression of creating. The GM was moving my character, as I was taking notes and making observations. So this was not just a game, it was a sort of system test.

        As we moved through the world the GM had created I added little sketches to the map, and started shading in the map as we cleared the various rooms. We got the large final chamber, and I was able to make my RBB from all the parts Id collected up to that point. The chamber was full of undead. N and our other gamer decided that discretion was the better choice and took off. I handed the other gal my hand rendered map so they could find their way out. My gnome waited for the undead to mass up and tossed in the bomb along with all of his raw meat.

        My character ran, without the map I tried to stay in areas wed already cleared. Unfortunately, the bomb went off while I was behind only a thin brick wall. The wall promptly toppled over on me. The GM ruled that even if I wasnt killed outright, the surviving undead would likely get me if there was no rescue.

        The dice rolled. I survived, with a surprising amount of health, but I was trapped.

N and the other gal decided to run back after the blast and try to find me. There was way too much debate about whether they would do that -- until I pointed out that I was carrying all the expensive loot.

Just before waking up this morning (after N went to work I slipped back to sleep for 15 minutes or so.) I dreamed I was getting ready to go adventuring. I had my satchel of satchels, some food and some rope, as well as a hand cranked flashlight, lighter and candles. I walked back into our bedroom and a very cute brunette wearing a partly open blue fluffy bathrobe came out of my shower. N and yet another gal were dressing.

I wanted to start out clean, she explained.

I didnt think that was adventure wear.

Oh, it could be, she opened up the robe to reveal a very yummy freckle covered chest and a mostly shaved pubic area. She than advanced on me and offered up a very gentle but sexy kiss. I could feel the warmth of her against me where she was uncovered.

I didnt think that N was going to approve, but N didnt say anything.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home